Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Girls Getaway

I typically go into full hibernation once January starts. I guess it has something to do with the COLD weather coupled with the post-holiday downtime. This year, I have vowed for 2007 to be the best year of my life! A few of my girlfriends and I have talked about planning a girls getaway for the past few years – so to be stay true to the 2007 Best Year Vow, we’ve decided to make 2007 our getaway year! I’m super pumped.

I was charged with the task of coordinating the major components of the trip – Where: Las Vegas When: Summer and Who: Fabulous friends. No party poopers allowed.

In doing research for fun ways to add excitement to a Girls Getaway, I came across some awesome resources that I thought would be great to use in our travel planning:

Trib Hub (http://www.triphub.com)
- since everyone is into blogging, this tool is awesome for organizing your trip, sending invitations and giving your fellow travelers access so everyone can stay involved and excited! The website also allows you and your friends to share idea via your customized forum and best of all, it’s FREE!

Girl Trip (http://www.girltrip.org)
- Although I think this blogger has gone on sabbatical, she still has some awesome tips on making a getaway themed for a fun and fabulous trip with friends, including TV Shows, Dress up and History

Road Trip Divas (http://www.roadtripdivas.com)
- these divas rule! They leave their husbands and kids at home and travel all over the world to fabulous desitnations such as camping (not so fabulous to me but hey, to each her own), Europe and plenty other US locations. In addition to journaling their travels, they have plenty of tips and resources to help plan your own fab trip. They even sell Road Trip Diva merchandise.

So as it goes, planning an awesome Vegas getaway has motivated me to come out of hibernation and start planning months ahead to make sure we all have an amazing time!

Stay tuned for plenty more updates, as the Vegas party has only begun!

No comments: