Friday, November 03, 2006

Confession of a Nail Biter

I am a nail biter. Have tried to stop on several occasions and even wore acrylic tips for years. But I got sick of going every 2 weeks for a fill-in so the bi-weekly nail salon trips ended. The longest stretch I’ve ever gone without biting them is my senior year in high school. I guess acrylics must not have been popular back then because I remember quitting so that I could look good for my senior pictures. I remember even getting manicures (no tips) just so my nails would be well-groomed and deter me from biting...except the nail techs would laugh because there was very little nail to actually "manicure" lol

I get super anxious every year around this time – not only because of the holidays season but the crazy frenzy that’s become associated with it. This year my family has decided to travel during the holidays which makes for added pressure AND I found out that I need to take a trip overseas for my job…so my nail biting is in full force. One would think that since I have chipped a tooth before biting, that I would stop!…but the biting continues.

So in an effort not to go into the holidays without chewed up nails, I am making a Top 5 List of things to do to AVOID biting my nails. Hopefully this will help some of my fellow nail biters out there too!.

Paint my living room (theoretically can’t bite nails with paint on them)
Type articles (fingers too busy tapping the keyboard to bite)
Call a funny friend to make me laugh (mouth wide open from laughing, too wide for fingers)
Clean out my closet!
Shop for new black boots (if busy trying out new shoes, can’t bite…right?)

If anyone has more ideas, please send them my way, as I am sure that I will exhaust this list over the weekend :-)

No comments: